I have decided that the first programming language would be BASIC – Beginner’s All Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code. Due to the word beginner, I think it’s the most ideal language to start with! Also that is the first programming language that I’ve learnt!
I’ve thought about the other programming languages and came out with a tentative list of the six programming languages that I will teach Anika.
- BASIC – The first programming language
- Objective-C (a must as this is the grand finale – iPhone App!)
- BASH – I think this is easy enough
- C – She needs to know this!
- PHP – Web programming language that is simple enough
- C# – Since I work with dudes who can code in this language and also I somehow need to use my MCPD (Enterprise) certification to do something worthwhile
I think the above is a good start to the list though one might argue that it’s too inclined towards C based languages. Doesn’t matter. At least I have one tick against my todo list! We are trying to be agile here!